--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Well, technically I don't have it yet, but I am
> expecting to win an eBay
> auction for an SE, 1.4MB floppy, 40 MB hard disk, 4
> MB of RAM, and 25
> MHz 68020 Radius accelerator card with full page
> monitor interface. What
> would be the best system for it: 6.0.8, 7.0/7.1, or
> 7.5?

You could have a Buick V-8 with overhead cams but if
all you've got is 4MB, I think 7.5.x can be safely
ruled out. (Yes, it can be done. But juggling
chainsaws can be done, too.) I'd go for 6.0.8 if
compatibility isn't an issue.

'm planning on
> also getting a SCSI to Ethernet adapter for it so I
> can connect to the
> internet and to my other computers. I may need to
> replace the standard
> hard disk with a more reliable one, and I currently
> have a 4.26 GB SCSI
> disk in an external case. Would I be able to fit
> this standard 3.5"
> sized drive in the SE?

Let's back up first. If I remember correctly, ssw 6
and 7.0 and 7.1 can only see two gigs. So you'll need
three partitions. What will you be putting in an SE
that would require that much storage? Recently I gave
an SE-30 with a two gigger in it to an IT guy friend
of mine and I was installing software all day and
didn't put much of a dent in that harddrive. Do you
really need 4 gigs in that thing?

William

=====
<http://www.artaudsociety.com>