On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 16:21:53 -0500
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I may need to replace
> the standard
> hard disk with a more reliable one, and I currently have
> a 4.26 GB SCSI
> disk in an external case. Would I be able to fit this
> standard 3.5"
> sized drive in the SE?

I would recommend leaving the drive in its external case. If
the internal drive fails, I don't think I would put anything
larger than a 100-200 Meg drive. I've got a 500Meg external
and it takes about 10 minutes to rebuild the desktop on an
SE. Granted, it doesn't have the accelerator yours has. If
you do have more than 200M of software that will run on an
SE, I would recommend usind a Zip drive with a smaller hard
drive, or connecting the 4 Gig drive to another machine and
using your SCSI-Net adapter to access it. This would really
work out if you've got a machine that has a cramped hard
drive.

This is just my 2 cents, and if putting the drive in the SE
is fun for you, by all means...

J White
Free eMail and Web Site for Macintosh Users
http://www.applelinks.com/
The "iClock" on at the Applelinks Store
http://store.applelinks.com/
Web Hosting