>This is true for the earlier System 7's. Before 7 there were some system
>specific things, but nothing like what Enablers added.
>
>Especially going back to System 1 and things that old, there only was
>one Macintosh for it to run on.
>
>Scott Holder

Enablers came with 7.1, and they were necessary only for the then-"newer"
machines. There were machine-specific installs before, but no enablers. And
Scott makes the point that there was *no other machine* to run a system on
in 0.97 or similar times. I think the clue is rather in what Rob says about
his 128k wanting a not-HFS disk (read MFS) to boot from. I'm sure Gamba or
Jeff can jump in on this one, as I am just playing around with my
newly-acquired Plus and do know anything pre-SE only from hearsay.

Philip: SCSI interfaces begin with the Plus, so you won't have a chance to
use a SCSI drive with a 128k. The external HD 20 case for the serial port
did not accept SCSI drives, only the HD 20 SC did.

Cheers, OM

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ / No HTML/RTF in email
 X  No Word docs in email