On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 01:55:00PM -0800, Robert Little wrote:
 I use that Plus for writing and even running some of the older
 astronomy apps.

Did somebody say the "a" word. :-D

Which astronomy applications will work on a compact Mac (say an SE
or an SE/30), and be bearable with the small screen.  I tried
Voyager II on my Colour Classic at one point, and it didn't go over
very well on the small screen.

Well, what do you expect? I used to have fun with Voyager 1.2 on the SE/30 back then, and it's Forth engine was incredibly fast. The program dated from 1989, ISTR, and as we knew little about bigger screens apart from their being outrageously expensive with the Mac II just coming out and PDS video cards costing nearly as much as a new computer, we were happy with the nine inches we had (no pun intended). Don't judge yesterday's applications from today's viewing point. And there are still a lot of small programs like Moon Tool that run even on today's Macs (I'm talking of Classic OSs) that are (albeit specialized) astronomy applications and fit well on a 9" screen.
Cheers, OM
--

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ / No HTML/RTF in email