Hi!

On 06/23/2008 04:50 PM James Pic wrote:
> Hi, this is the updated current points to discuss.
> Feel free to comment or add any ;)

> HTTP Request Parser
> ===================

> Reminder: the request parser creates the abstract input object.

> 0) Should it allow plugins?
>> no

I would not do this in the first place. If required, we can add another
parser that has plugins later.

> 1) Should filter anything?
>> no

Same as above. Filtering should usually be done in the models, IMO.

> 2) Should all the GET/POST variables be mixed together?
>> yes

No. Or, if necessary, we should offer both: A mixed and single versions.
It might be possible, that both arrays contain the same keys.

> 3) Should all uploaded files info be in something like $input->files?
>> yes

Yes.

> Input Filters
> =============

> 0) Should the component supply an input filter interface?
>> yes

Not sure here. How would that look like?

> 1) Should the component supply input filters?
>> yes, one in a first stage, then many with tieins

We only have UserInput for this purpose, so this would make 1 tiein.

> 2) Should the component user handle filtering in his controllers?
>> yes

Why then an iterface for it? This makes only sense, if we offer
automatic filtering.

> Output Filters
> ==============

> 0) Should the component supply an output filter interface?
>> yes

> 1) Should the component supply input filters?
>> yes, one with HTML/Tidy in a first stage, then with tieins

Why this for input?

> 2) Should this filters be pluggable in the view-manager?
>> no

Where else will they be plugged then?

> 3) Should this filters be freely usable by the component user once he has his
> output from the view manager?
>> yes

I still don't get the concept, I think.

> Routing
> =======

> 0) Which routed should be developped first? Url, Tree, Regexps, Assertions
> (railish) ?

Something without a tiein. I think railish and regex sounds like a good
start.

> View-manager
> ============

> 0) Should the view-manager implement the same routing system as the router?

What are the other options?

> 1) Should another object be used to factorized processes that are common the
> the input and the view-router?

What do you imagine here?

> View-handlers
> =============
>
> 0) Which should be the first view handler?
>> PhpViewHandler, PHP being a fine templating languages

Yes.

> PhpViewHandler
> --------------

> 0) How should view methods be implemented?
>> In factories/singletons, it should be easy to port to Template extensions

Don't really get this question.

Thanks for your work, James! :)

Regards,
Toby
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen / With kind regards

Tobias Schlitt (GPG: 0xC462BC14) eZ Components Developer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | eZ Systems AS | ez.no