Hi,

On 12/22/06, Stuart A. Yeates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/21/06, Jacques Basaldúa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Handicap play is a *different* problem.
The rules of go include rules for handicapping.
It seems to me that this implies that a complete solution for the game of go
must include the ability to play such games.

Yes, of course. But is it that difficult? The goal would 'just' have
to change from "winning" to "getting the best possible result". Now if
one has already solved the game for the former goal, it should be
trivial to adapt it for the latter, right?

As a matter of fact, after solving the game for any goal, almost any
computer science related matter would become rather trivial, I think
:-) I.e. if the NP complete problems are solved, only easy ones
remain!

best regards,
Vlad