On 4, Jan 2007, at 5:57 AM, Petri Pitkanen wrote:

Also It is good that unsound invasions are punished. This is supposed
to be game of skill. If someone make silly invasion that does not
require answer, the more skilled player i.e player that correctly
passes should be awarded a point for his skill.

This is the heart of my argument. I still consider it a feature when my
program passes 100+ times in the endgame. I do think that a bot
that plays hundreds of endgame moves that amount to nothing and
that their opponent does not even need to answer should pay a point
for each of those moves. I see it as perfectly fair that the bot with
the better ability to read, and thus knows it can pass, should be
rewarded for that reading skill.

Cheers,
David