I don't believe many of you understand Chris's point.   He is saying
that "in principal" the game is solvable.   Chris isn't stupid - he
doesn't think it's simple and I knew as soon as he posted it that
everyone would jump on this with their analysis about the size of
the universe and such - the old cliche stuff.

Most science doesn't concerns itself with our perception of things
or the age of the universe, etc.    It doesn't care how fast a
computer is or how fast it should be unless you define it as such.

The game is solvable in a theoretical sense.   We have a procedure
that can solve it and that procedure is correct.

I would also like to say that you don't really know how long the
universe will last - we have theories that try to predict it and
we have estimates, but they are just theories.   We are like
babies in trying to understand how the universe works.

Even so, it doesn't matter how long the sun will last or how
large the universe is or when it will burn out.

There has been a lot of analysis with GO endgames, breaking
them into sub-problems.   A much more sophisticated version
of this may yield numbers a few orders of magnitude better
than you are calculating.   There may be other techniques
that even make a full solution possible with highly advanced
computers and computer techniques of the future that we can
only dream about now.

- Don