On 7/23/07, chrilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a Phd in statistics. But Bayesian methods were at that time a
non-topic. I know the general principles, but I want to learn a little bit
more about the latest developments in the field. Bayes is now chic, there
are many books about it. I assume also a lot of bad ones.
Can anyone recommend me a good state of the art book about Bayesian
inference. Should be somewhat in the applied direction, but also with a
sound mathematical background.

Chrilly

You could try something like:

Information Theory, Inference & Learning Algorithms
by David MacKay

or maybe

Data Analysis: A Bayesian Tutorial
by Devinderjit Sivia & John Skilling