On 7/26/07, Darren Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A couple of months back I wrote an article on why I believe UCT with
random playouts (as opposed to heavy playouts) will never give a strong
computer go program. I've finally got it finished, edited and published:
 http://dcook.org/compgo/article_the_problem_with_random_playouts.html

I'd be surprised if the UCT experts on this list will find much new
there, but I hope some people will find it of value.

Thanks to Magnus Persson for reviewing an earlier version.

Darren

One remark; when you write:

"What I am calling random playouts for the purposes of this article
give all legal moves equal weight and randomly chooses one of them,
and this process is used for both players all the way to the end of
the game."

I get the impression that this also includes filling single point
eyes. Is this your intention?

Erik