On 10/10/07, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In GO, threats tend to be very indirect and distant, at least from the
> point of view of a naive search algorithm and this is a real killer to
> the idea - my feeling is that null move in GO is not workable.

I have the same feeling. Some years ago in Magog I did quite a lot of
experiments with tricks like (recursive) null move pruning. Although
it provided significant reductions in the search tree it consistently
made the program play weaker. The only trick that (almost) seemed to
work was Multi-Cut.

Erik