On 10/23/07, Gunnar Farnebäck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But I can provide a hint for something I would find useful. If it's
> something I'm missing in today's sgf viewers it's a good way to dump and
> inspect a transposition table. It's possible to expand the
> transpositions into a big tree with duplicate subtrees but that makes it
> very difficult to traverse it efficiently. Alternatively the tree is cut
> off when the same position is reached again but then there's no easy way
> to find where the position was first reached, which is needed to follow
> the continuations.

Finally a useful idea!

I remember trying something like that a couple of years ago. I then
did it the ugly way, simply by numbering each node with a comment. It
can probably be done much nicer by having the option to tag a node and
then provide some kind of symbolic link to refer to a tagged node (the
transposition).

Maybe reserve something like properties TaG and LinK for a future FF?

Erik