On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 10:13 -0800, Christoph Birk wrote:

> What is the reasoing behind not rating bots?
>
> Christoph

A beginner could easily run gnugo for a day or two, get a 7k rank for
the gnugo account, then replace gnugo with an account that moves
randomly for a few moves then resigns. Play this new robot as white with
handicap 6, and you will soon get a dan-level account.

To try to prevent that kind of business, we make it at least a little
bit of effort to get a rated bot account. I don't think that any admin
takes the time to police bots, but if admins hear complaints about
something funny going on, I'm sure somebody would investigate.