Le dimanche 11 novembre 2007, Stuart A. Yeates a écrit :
> On 10/11/2007, Nick Wedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > Chris Fant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Nick Wedd
> > It is broken in the sense that even as things stand, he can persuade his
> > big brother to open an account, win games, get a 2-dan rating, and then
> > throw games to him.  I don't see how any system could prevent this.
[...]
> This can be done relatively easily using network algorithms.
I don't understand how any algorithm can prevent cheaters without using
some kind of trusted authentification. I think you have a gold mine in your
hand if you can do this.

Hopefully KGS dot aim to be secured as a banking system, and won't ask
my finger prints before i can connect for a game :-)

> Essentially your throttle how much of a contribution each other player
> can make to a player's rank. This throttling would probably be done
> relative difference in the rank between players and the square of the
> size of the pool of players.
>
> Such a metric would actually benefit all players, by encouraging them
> to play as many different other players as possible and avoid the
> formation of player cliques. One would have to ensure that you weren't
> penalising player who always played at a certain time of day in a
> certain timezone, however.
i suspect most people plays always at a certain time of the day, in their
timezone, so currently there might be 3 "cliques": Asia, Europe, and Americas.

Cheers
/Alain