Don Dailey wrote:

So I must give up on this.   I know if I do the plot again someone will
say,   "it only applies to depths we can currently test."   "Surely it
will flatten out next year when the new processors come."

I cannot answer to those arguments when no evidence is presented to back
it up other than superstition of disbelief or my favorite, "the
testimony of experts in the field."      I can only say that every bit
of evidence we have backs up what I am saying.
The truth is that we don't know. Your have an insufficient statistical universe to draw conclusions from, no matter how much you want to beat down those who beleive differently from you. Perhaps go IS different. Until you have any kind of rigorous analysis of WHY you see your linear line, and can show that it WILL continue until go computers beat the best pros, you're as much into myth land.