On Dec 10, 2007 6:07 PM, Álvaro Begué <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It looks like even under non-superko rules, something special happens if a
> position is repeated, which means that a program should know the entire
> history of the game, or it may accidentally repeat a previous position, even
> if it is winning the game by a large margin.

Yes, but my point was that this special thing does not necessarily
have to happen directly.

If both sides have played the full cycle at least once then they have
had every opportunity needed for analysis and for playing elsewhere.
If neither side chooses to abandon the cycle (and look-ahead can show
there is a cycle anywhere in the cycle!) then there is no need to play
forever and the server (referee) can simply decide the result based on
a long-cycle analysis.

Erik