On Dec 13, 2007 5:33 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

"Change for the better" seems to imply only a one-sided analysis.  I would
imagine any analysis would have to include both sides.  There's also
important concepts that can some into play like the number of moves that can
be ignored (or must be ignored) before something happens.  This can be
critical info for ko fights and semeai.

I've done some dabbling (thought experiments) with  how I'd like to cache
search results and I'm not yet happy with any of them.  Not taking into
account miai and such logic could lead to excessive storage bloat.  I'd love
to enter a discussion talking just about how to store cached L&D search
results.

When I go down this road, I'd probably initially focus on maintaining
connections in playouts and then extend it to maintaining life.  There's
some tricky parts about when severing a connection or giving up a group is
ok.  Deep in a random game, it may be ok to conservatively protect stuff,
giving a sort of quiescence search.