Many strong programs have 100% scores against many opponents and many
games.   They cannot be hanging up very often.

When the server hangs,  the current game you are playing is not scored.
  I don't think there is a major problem here.

As far as network problems CGOS considers that part of the computing
system.   If you provider is having glitches that affect your program I
can't account for that.    It's the same if you lose your connection and
lose on time as a result.    It's part of your "equipment", it's as if
you had automobile failure at the Nascar races or your tennis racket
breaks during an important point.

- Don