I haven't been using CGOS at all lately (planned gap in development around
the holidays).  When I do start up again, it'll probably be on the 9x9
server.  I'd do this because of the following reasons:
* Games finish faster on the 9x9 server
* Current testing/tuning is done on 9x9
  (I have a short attention span while playing a weak bot)
* Strength differences are tougher to overcome on large boards
  To overcome this, a handicap system or a denser field would be required
* Replaying a game while debugging is shorter on 9x9
* There are more opponents on the 9x9 server
* Picking only one server to run on is easier than doing both
  (affects setup, baby sitting, and hardware consumed)

I think that many of those reasons are more relevant for weaker bots.  I
suspect that the 19x19 server will be less popular with weaker bots for
those reasons.

I could put up a non-searching bot that does ok on 19x19, but I'm currently
hesitant to do that.  In the past, I've put up bots on 9x9, but they
required baby sitting because the connection to the server was not
maintained.  After many restarts, I eventually got lazy and nobody
complained...