John Fan wrote:
> I do not have a 19x19 bot right now. But I found that fast engines
> have to wait for slow engines is kind of boring. For example, if a
> majority of engines finish the game within 5 minutes and only one or
> two engines will finish the games in 30 minutes. Then all the fast
> engines have to wait the slow engines finish the game. Maybe we should
> consider scheduling games for the available engines at every 10
> minutes while still leave the time limits for each game at 30 minutes?
I think you missed my posts - that's exactly what is planned.
Essentially,  there are 2 schedules running concurrently - a slow one
and a fast one.    The fast round is like a heartbeat - it is scheduled
one after another.     If your bot is not playing in a slow game it can
play in the next available fast game.     It will not have to  worry
about missing the next slow round either -  the server will always wait
for the current fast round to complete before scheduling a slow round.

In this way, your bot can play in ALL slow round matches and yet still
stay busy playing rated games when it's slow games finish early.

More than likely,  I would have 2 independent rating system - one for
fast play and one for slow play.   There would be an anchor player who
plays the same regardless and would play in both "sections."     So you
can expect your fast play rating to be less than your slow play rating
if your program is scalable.

Each program will choose which types of games it's interested in playing
- slow, fast or both.     So if you are not interested in slow games you
can choose to only play at the fast time control.    Some bots may
choose to not play in the fast games.

- Don