Hideki Kato wrote:

4) Before back-propagating the value of each playout, I setup a color table for all intersections of the board for speed-up, in fact (initialized with EMPTY). That is, fill the board (table[move] = color) by tracing the moves and the colors returned by the playout forward (from leaf node to end of the game). Then, by tracing the path from root to the leaf node, clear the table[move] (table[move] = EMPTY), in order to avoid duplicate counting with UCB1.

I don't understand this. What and how would you be double counting?

--
GCP