Gian-Carlo Pascutto: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>Hideki Kato wrote:
>
>> 4) Before back-propagating the value of each playout, I setup a color
>> table for all intersections of the board for speed-up, in fact
>> (initialized with EMPTY). That is, fill the board (table[move] =
>> color) by tracing the moves and the colors returned by the playout
>> forward (from leaf node to end of the game). Then, by tracing the
>> path from root to the leaf node, clear the table[move] (table[move] =
>> EMPTY), in order to avoid duplicate counting with UCB1.
>
>I don't understand this. What and how would you be double counting?

I mean the values of such moves are updated in both UCB and RAVE.
That is, the moves in the path are updated by UCB and all moves in
the nodes in the path are updated by RAVE.  As UCB values and RAVE
values will be averaged later, perhaps I thought not updating the
values of such moves in RAVE would be _natural_.

As this code was written last Oct. and I've been working on other
staffs, I'm not sure I remember the idea correctly.  But I believe
this improved some.

-Hideki
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kato)