> But correct ko threats playing has nothing to do with the playout part :
> Since it is a strategic concept that involves global understanting, It is
> handled by the UCT tree part.

Yes and no.
Theoretically, that's the work of the UCT part. But, as Steve pointed
out, kos can go on for long. I don't know what depth is attained in the
tree (by the way, I would really like to know), but I doubt it is that
long. Moreover, some kos must be kept for later.

Hence, some basic understanding of kos in the playouts might be useful.

That's merely a variation of the horizon effect. We could even imagine a
situation where the UCT makes a threat that loses points in the only aim
of having the ko past the horizon, where it would be 50-50 (for example)
in the playout.

Jonas