There seems to be something special about 9x9 go for computers,  it's
very popular, perhaps because it's so much more approachable.

However I personally think it's time to start looking at bigger board
sizes seriously.    If it were up to me, we would move to 11x11 on CGOS
but I fear that would be especially unpopular because it's not one of
the 3 "standard" sizes.

If we were to look at 13x13 I don't think I would want to continue
supporting the 9x9 server, I would want to replace it with 13x13.

There is also the issue of space and performance.  I think we are
pushing the limits of what boardspace can handle, especially in terms of
space.  I can't complain too much because it's a gift that we can use it
at all but I'm constantly fighting a small storage limit.   I'm not sure
what the performance issues are but the 19x19 server seems fast and
responsive in comparison to the 9x9 server.   I do not have any idea why
this is.     But what I'm trying to say is that we can't have BOTH a 9x9
and 13x13 due to resource limitations and if we move to 13x13 I think we
would need a bit more capable server to be happy and comfortable.

I have some contacts at universities that I could approach with regard
to this, that I have never considered before.   But I would first like
to see if changing from 9x9 to 13x13 would create a lot of anxiety with
people.  9x9 does seem amazingly popular and I would hate to "kill" CGOS
by moving to 13x13 if nobody is interested or would support it.

- Don