Hi

A note from the ORGANIZERS:

We are trying to prepare USB-sticks with Linux to boot the computers from. It seems we will have 3 sticks - for Fuego, for Steenwreter and for for example HouseBot.

Oddly enough the computers will not boot from CD. We have no clues. :)
It will turn out later today whether it works or not, but booting linux from a USB-stick worked fine for Gunnar Farnebäck.

Best regards
Basti Weidemyr
sestir

On Aug 5, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Jason House wrote:

I'm not physically attending the EGC. In order to participate, I needed to provide a windows executable and have someone operate the bot on my behalf. I probably should have taken advantage of the offer to use a Linux box, but I figured I'd make it easier on the organizers :)

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 08:30 -0400, Jason House wrote:
> I have to withdraw from this tournament.  I don't have a windows
> computer, and getting access to one with the ability to install tools
> has been tougher than anticipated.

Why do you need a windows computer?   It's my understanding that they
already supply windows Vista computers for you.   And can't you bring
the software tools you need to install with you on a pen drive or on
cdrom?

- Don