erm.

you guys seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing,
without a clear or precise definition of what you're even
arguing about.

there is a mathematical proof that go, for any fixed sized
board, can be completely solved.

there is a mathematical proof that given a fixed komi and
fixed number of handicap stones, every game is either a
forcible win or loss or draw for a particular one of the two
players.  we don't know this function yet, so we don't know
if there's advantage for white or black or not, but it's guaranteed
to exist.  is proven to exist.

there is a mathematical proof that current algorithms can
solve go.

it makes no sense to ask if there is a mathematical proof
of anything related to humans.  the two are simply
incommensurate.  the mathematical proofs are simply
about whether a computer with a lot of memory and a lot
of free time can win or force draws in every game of go
against any player.  and it turns out that this is true.

whether or not computers can beat humans at go on a
19x19 board in a reasonable amount of time is unrelated
to mathematics.

* computers are getting better and better at go.

most people on this mailing list are mainly interested in
helping (*) to happen.

s.