So you say that: "...I'm observing that most of the increase in level
comes from the selection during exploration and only in small part
from the selection during simulation.", could you elaborate at all?
This is very interesting.  That almost suggests it might be fruitful
to use the patterns in the tree, but keep lighter playouts.
- George