Permit me to play the skeptic here; I think you're going about it absolutely
backwards - unless you already have a strong algorithm which depends on 128 bit
rotations, and only lack an efficient hardware engine to run it on.

If your idea of fun is to really feel the bits squishing between your toes, by
all means do, but I don't think it's likely you will simultaneously make
advances in Hex theory or practice.

At 12:19 AM 11/27/2008, Denis fidaali wrote:

> My current plan is to tackle directly the power of x86-64bits architecture.
> Because it's now quite well represented. And there is this "larrabee" project
> that may get out in one or two years (48 x86-64bits processors). So my true
> goal is to try and see what i can do with my quad Q9300 2.5Ghz running a 64
> bits linux. Obviously one need a bit of work before being able to hope to
> achieve something with assembly.

etc...