Hi guys,

It would be interesting to know how everyone limits the number of possible
moves at the
beginning of the game. Assuming the board is 19x19 with no handicap and black
placed a stone,
that leaves (in theory) 390 possible positions which translates to 390 children
from the root (empty board).
With my understanding of UCT it appears that all 390 positions have to be
simulated numerous times
and the node with the highest winrate gets explored further. *please correct me
if im wrong*

Do most people limit their play in corners and sides, if so how? Pruning entire
branches at this stage would
be a bad idea due to well documented reasons, but i have heard pruning being
employed at this stage, if
so what algorithms are used to smartly prune.

Thanks,

Please link me to the thread if this has already been discussed.