On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 01:24:32PM +0000, Nick Wedd wrote:
> I suggest that instead of getting your neural players to play Go, you get
> them to play a very slightly different game, in which, when both players
> pass in turn, all stones remaining on the board are deemed alive.  It is
> not difficult to write a scoring algorithm for this game.

Or you can rephrase this to say that your neural players should play Go
using the Tromp-Taylor ruleset. Scoring is pretty much trivial to
implement in these rules, and they approximate the traditional chinese
counting relatively well - all my bots always played on KGS using just
the Tromp-Taylor counting and discrepances are rare.

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty