On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Jason House <jason.james.ho...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Given all the negative reaction to nested time control, I have to say I
> like it. The pool won't be diluted as long as there's an obvious main venue.

A good compromise might be to have only 2 venues,  one such as David
suggested and another one that is quite a bit faster.

Another possibility is to make BOTH venues mandatory - but my fear is that
some programs may not be able to play fast enough and would always time
out.    Or they  may not implement a proper time control algorithm and thus
would not be able to adapt to 2 different time controls without being
reinitialized with different parameters.