I vote for 2 venues, each optional.  Separate rating pools is a must.

Łukasz Lew wrote:
Maybe we could agree that 1 day out of 7 in a week would be played on
6 times faster time controls.
The same bots, connections, logins, the same number of games per week.
Different rating of course.
This would be a problem only for hardcoded bots with no time control.

The advantage would be that we would see how different algorithms (bots) scale.
If the ratings would be very similar for most bots, it would mean that
we can get faster testing of new ideas.
We would know which ideas can be tested of fast time control.

Lukasz

2009/6/16 Don Dailey <dailey....@gmail.com>:
>From what I can see, there is resistance to this idea - so what I'm going
to do is to provide venues which are standalone but makes it possible later
to add a time control.    In other words for now there will be only 1 time
control per board size but the server will be flexible enough that other
venues can be added if the server ever gets popular enough that we have 40
or 50 players always on line.   But they will be separate venues scheduled
independently.

- Don

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Isaac Deutsch <i...@gmx.ch> wrote:
I'm voting for 2 time settings: One normal and one fast (so maybe 5 min
and 1 min on 9x9).