From: computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org
[mailto:computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org] On Behalf Of Don Dailey
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 7:02 PM
To: computer-go
Subject: Re: [computer-go] New CGOS - need your thoughts.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Jason House <jason.james.ho...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Given all the negative reaction to nested time control, I have to say I like
it. The pool won't be diluted as long as there's an obvious main venue.

A good compromise might be to have only 2 venues,  one such as David
suggested and another one that is quite a bit faster.

Another possibility is to make BOTH venues mandatory - but my fear is that
some programs may not be able to play fast enough and would always time out.
Or they  may not implement a proper time control algorithm and thus would
not be able to adapt to 2 different time controls without being
reinitialized with different parameters.

Sent from my iPhone