What method are you guys using for the monte carlo search? What do you
do?
I pick at random a move, then for the resulting board that comes out of
that pick another move and so on.
Then, after that I evaulate the number of stones etc.
What do you guys look at to select a move using monte carlo?

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 05:02:33PM +0200, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> People,
>
> I'm trying to implement a monthecarlo algorithm in my go program. Now
> the results are dramatic: the elo-rating of my go program drops from
> 1150 to below 700. I tried:
>  - evaluate the number of captured stone
>  - evaluate strategic elements (without MC this strategic eval gives
>    that 1150 elo).
> Currently my program can evaluate 500 scenes per second and I let it
> "think" for 5 seconds.
> What could be the cause of this dramatic results? Wrong evaluation? Not
> enough nodes processed?

Folkert van Heusden

--
www.vanheusden.com/multitail - multitail is tail on steroids. multiple
               windows, filtering, coloring, anything you can think of