> The performance gap is perhaps due to the algorithms.  Almost all
> cluster versions of current strong programs (MoGo, MFG, Fuego and Zen)
> use root parallel while shared memory computers allow us to use thread
> parallelism, which gives better performance.

I think you should not have troubles with your networks, at least with
the number of machines you are considering.

Perhaps you should increase a little the time between two communications ?
With something like mpi_all_reduce for averaging the statistics over all the
tree at each communication, more than 3 or 4 communications per second
is useless. Averaging statistics in nodes with less than 5% of the total
number of simulations might be useless also.

Best regards,
Olivier