How tremendous is it? On that page, I find this data:

https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/pull/439

"
These are setup details:

 * Desktop: CPU i7-4770 (Haswell), 3.5 GHz , DRAM - 16 GB; GPU K20.
 * Ubuntu 12.04; gcc 4.7.3; MKL 11.1.

Test:: imagenet, 100 train iteration (batch = 256).

 * GPU: time= 260 sec / memory = 0.8 GB
 * CPU: time= 752 sec / memory = 3.5 GiB //Memory data is from system
   monitor.

"

This does not look so tremendous to me. What kind of speed difference do you get for Go networks?

Rémi