Rémi,

Nvidia launched the K20 GPU in late 2012. Since then, GPUs and their
convolution algorithms have improved considerably, while CPU performance
has been relatively stagnant. I would expect about a 10x improvement with
2016 hardware.

When it comes to training, it's the difference between running a job
overnight and running a job for the entire weekend.

Best,
-Chaz