I was surprised the Lee Sedol didn't take the game a bit further to probe
AlphaGo and see how it responded to [...complex kos, complex ko fights,
complex sekis, complex semeais, ..., multiple connection problems, complex
life and death problems] as ammunition for his next game. I think he was so
astonished at being put into a losing position, he wasn't mentally prepared
to put himself in a student's role again, especially to an AI...which had
clearly played much weaker games just 6 months ago. I'm hopeful Lee Sedol's
team has been some meta-strategy sessions where, if he finds himself in a
losing position in game two, he turns it into exploring a set of
experiments to tease out some of the weaknesses to be better exploited in
the remaining games.