On 26.10.2017 13:52, Brian Sheppard via Computer-go wrote:
MCTS is the glue that binds incompatible rules.

This is, however, not what I mean. Conflicting principles (call them rules if you like) must be dissolved by higher order principles. Only when all conflicts are dissolved should MCTS be applied.

What you describe has been used with success and better success than I expect what my knowledge-pure approach can currently achieve. But MCTS as glue for conflicting principles has also run into a boundary. I want to see that boundary surpassed by my pure approach.

--
robert jasiek