I have just been told by my wife that our HP 2210xi 'all in one'
is possessed.  It has a error message on the window saying
'memory card inserted backwards?' when none is there.  However
when I have a card in the compact flash slot and turn it on, it works
fine.

An exhaustive search of the hp website gave me the hard reset
instructions that do not seem to clear this message.  I got a
flashlight and a magafying glass and inspected the compact
flash pins, None bent or missing.  I inserted cards and remove cards, it
seems
to complain when anything but a compact flash is inserted.

I've defaulted to this:  My wife will use it until something comes up
where we can't use it.  For now, I have left a compact flash card
inserted, and asked for her to change it out with the one she wants
to use when it is off.

Obviously not going to send it in for service.

Anyone have any helful ideas on what possesed this printer?

Thanks,

John Mealey