Yes there is, you have to know how Yahoo does it.

(Believe me they had me stumped too until the other moderator of our group caught it.)

Go to invite people just like you normally would.

Scroll down to the bottom.  It says,
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/daystar//group/daystar/subs_add>Add Members from an existing email list.

Click this and then you will do a direct add, however you are limited to how many times you can do this a day.

Stewart