At 12:06 AM 08/30/2007 -0400, Alvin Auerbach wrote
Sue,

Potential members -- let's say potential households instead: 1300. We have a newsletter which we publish about 3 or 4 times per year in which stress the importance of joining the group.

I would use some variation on the message I just posted, and print that in the newsletter. A great share of the 1700+ members on my international list join because the list owner is a monthly contributing author to an industry magazine. The info to join the list is in the footer of all of her articles.

I want and need the Yahoo machinery to do its work, and keep my work at a minimum. I feel overloaded already. :(

Yes, and there is no reason not to. IF they attempt to join through the website info that you publish in your newsletter (hopefully most of them will apply in that manner), and provide the info you need the first time around, then you can just approve the member through email and be done.

There are a couple of really good list management lists that you can join if you're interested. Contact me privately for details if you'd like.

Sue