><You know that eventually they will make it impossible for you to stay
>>with XP
>
>I'm not quite clear on this. Are we saying that MS should continue to sell
>both XP and Vista indefinitely?  Does Apple do that?

Apple provides complete support of the current and previous version of
the OS. If MS did this they would support XP until the replacement for
Vista shipped. It does not appear that MS will do anything even close to
this. We know when MS will pull the plug on XP, but does any even know
the name of the replacement for Vista?