This is typical of those who decry piracy losses.  The RIAA counts
supposedly every download as lost revenue, but it's a fact that many who
download music download things they would never buy.  I have a friend at
work with a 12 year old little brother who has downloaded photoshop cs to
his computer in his room..does that count as 'loss' ?  This kid was never in
the next decade going to buy photoshop.  There is no true money lost.  It
may be unethical to download software for personal use that you would never
buy, but it's also unethical to cry lost revenue when some kid with no cash
downloads your product.  These companies increase their numbers to better
lobby those who make laws about punishment for piracy.  That's why your
better off getting caught drunk driving then recording a movie with a 2 mp
cell phone in a theater.

Mike