From: Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:54:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Setting Up a Bootable External Drive

I¹ve been using Retrospect...  I had thought I¹d be
able to boot my computer from this drive, but when I tried it...
What does it take to make a drive bootable?

Need to copy all the OS files (many of them invisible) and get their
permissions right. With OS X this is a very tricky thing to get right. I
have always found Retrospect over-complex and unrelaible. Carbon Copy Cloner
v3 is out today. Nice price: free. It is famous for doing it right.

------ End of Forwarded Message