I use SuperDuper. Basic version is free, but I paid for the full version. The incremental backup takes about 15 minutes. I have a large partitioned firewire drive that I back up my kid's ibooks up with when they're home from school. My son's iBook died (He's really hard on stuff.) his first week back at VCU. I was able to pull the drive, use SuperDuper to back it up to the firewire, backed mine up to the firewire, put his backup on my iBook, and send him back to school as if nothing had ever happened. Bought myself a new Macbook as a reward for being such a good dad.

David Newhall
Falls Church