...not to mention all the ancillary stuff iTunes installs. I recently
had to install it again to buy a tune I needed, but after a week I
just couldn't take it anymore and have uninstalled it.

Oddly, Walmart forced me to install some odd app too ("Program
Updates"), but at least it just seems to be sitting there not doing
anything.