My days go back to punch cards and an IBM 360.  I too remember using
dumb terminals to UNIX.  I remember early Sun UNIX workstations, Xerox
6085 workstations that used windowing.

What the heck has all that to do with Mac OS?  I'm sure not leaving Mac
OS X to go back to that crap, not matter how nostalgic it may be.

Linux folks have an agenda - We all work together, contribute to and
improve the OS and share it for free with everyone.

The OLTPC group wants everything free, or nearly so.

That old stuff has damn little to do with a commercial operating system.
Feel free to be smug about supporting their agendas.  I will continue to
ignore all of that and focus on the O/S that makes me the most
productive when it counts - my own time (I am paid to use WXP in my
job).

Thank you,

Mark Snyder