To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] One laptop per child: give one and get one

No they have upped the price because they are not getting the discount and they are not creating the volume they had hoped for.

The one web site I posted last night discussed this.

The countries he is trying to get behind this want a proven product before they will commit, and will not commit for the numbers he wanted initially.

These are not your everyday laptops and they are not made for higher education purposes.

They are purposely made for remote, poor, third world countries and such. Good idea maybe not as well thought out as it should be.

But a good first start.

Stewart