I have Verizon DSL in northwestern NJ, and the service is excellent, no problems with voice interfering with date or visa versa. Neither Cable nor FIOS are option in my rural area, but I am more than satisfied with the line speed (about 1.5 mb/sec down and about half that up). And since I get voice and data over the same line, the price ends up being very reasonable. In the several years I have had the service, I have only lost service once, when a pole was hit by a car in an ice storm last year. I guess the quality of service in different parts of the country varies, and I am just lucky.

Mike

mike wrote:
I have DSL but not ATT DSL.  DSL is slower then cable, so if speed is what
you are after I'd stick with cable.  Also in my case, the line noise filters
don't work very well.  Qwest will do nothing about the lack of speed, line
noise or that I pay a horrendous amount for what I'm getting.

Mike